Vice President - People Business Partners
This job is no longer accepting applications.
(Locations: Seattle, WA | San Francisco, CA)
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We're looking for a Vice President - People Business Partners (HRBPs) to join our team reporting directly to the Chief People Officer. You will manage our global people partner function, supporting our leadership and employees to provide strategic partnership for people programs and people experience at Twitch. In this leadership role you will oversee the operations of the People Partner function, ensuring vision, clarity and consistency of how the function works globally across the business. You will also manage the people partners and represent the point of view of the people partner function with the other People and Places leaders. To ensure connection to the business and culture, you will also carry a small client group of your own.
This isn't just about running a smooth promotion process, our people partners need to understand our business, have a connection to our employees, and a passion for our culture. They develop relationships across the organization which helps them address pain points and ensure a workplace where everyone can contribute. As the Vice President - People Business Partners, you will need to combine your experience as an HRBP with your knowledge of our culture and employee experience expectations to set operational practices for the function. You will be a part of an organization where you can help establish the thinking around our people processes, resulting in a direct impact on our employee experience.
Collaboration across the People and Places functions, throughout Twitch and with our partners at Amazon, will be a daily part of how you contribute in this role. This position can also be located in Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA.
- Oversee the global people business partner function including managing the people, organizing and prioritizing the work, and setting consistent practices for employee matters.
- Provide guidance regarding employee relations matters, policy development and operational processes. Coach People Business Partners and the Employee Relations Manager.
- Develop relationships with business leaders and apply them to develop a people strategy
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to executives and senior leaders
- Create creative solutions across organizational development, talent management, career development, performance management, leadership development, inclusion and culture
- Identify and deploy impactful people strategies and policies that allow the organization to perform and scale
- Partner with other teams such as People Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Ops and Total Rewards
- Provide appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Develop knowledge to promote the Twitch culture throughout the organization
- Lead cross functional HR projects and initiatives
- Experience leading and engaging a diverse team
- 10+ years of experience in an HRBP leadership role with international scope
- Record of high praise from both business clients and direct reports
- Motivated by building and finding solutions. Operate with the business in mind while ensuring the best employee experience
- Comfortable collaborating and working side by side with the team when needed
- Prior engagement and leadership of inclusion and diversity programs
- Experience using data to identify insights that guide action
- Consulting, coaching and facilitation experience
- Net positive contributor to company community and culture above and beyond job responsibilities
- Experience across both larger established organizations and smaller high-growth ones.
- Tech experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
a global community of millions who come together each day to create their own entertainment