Director of People Relations
Nabis is a Series B stage licensed cannabis wholesale marketplace and distributor with the largest portfolio of cannabis brands, supplying over 100 brands to 99% of California’s dispensaries and delivery services. Our mission is to empower the world to discover cannabis by providing choice, access, and innovation.
Our team, backed by Y-Combinator and a from a celebrity roster of tech executives, including Doordash cofounder Stanley Tang, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit and Twitch cofounder Justin Kan, is scaling the cannabis supply chain with technology with the ultimate goal of becoming the largest distributor of cannabis products in the world.
The Director of People Relations reports to the Head of People and leads the Human Resources Generalist team. Working closely with the Director of Talent and People Operations, the Director of People Relations works to align company goals and objectives with the day-to-day HR operations to meet state and federal compliance. This role must be filled by an individual with outstanding people skills to support and manage all People programs and initiatives ensuring effectiveness, efficiencies, and alignment to overall business objectives. Duties for the Director of People Relations will include overseeing the entire full-cycle employee experience, employee morale, employee development, grievances and disputes, enhancing job satisfaction, implementing HR strategies that support business objectives, mitigating risk, maintaining personnel records, designing accountability mechanisms, and overseeing all leaves of absence, worker’s compensation, and OSHA reporting.
The person in this role should possess high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of labor regulations and HR practices, strategic thinking, strong organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. The Director of People Relations will constantly work on improving HR processes, implement strategies that support business growth, improve morale and employee retention, enhance employee safety and wellness, strengthen relations between staff and employers, manage job satisfaction, and promote the organization's values.
- Implement human resources policies and procedures, working with Head of People to revise and enhance these as needed to support operational strategic objectives
- Oversee all People Relations including employee grievances and disputes, manager and employee coaching, investigations, proactive employee relations programs, staff wellness and people-needs, etc.
- Ensure all investigations are led consistently and prudently in coordination with State, Federal and Local jurisdictional laws.
- Oversee all requests for LOA, FMLA, ADA and ensure consistency and prudency in responses for requests for LOA and accommodations.
- Oversee all Worker’s compensation incidents/accidents including claim status, documentation and managing oversight of each claim. Oversee OSHA reporting and sit on safety committee(s).
- Oversee new hire process /onboarding including background checks, new hire orientation, equipment procurement, departmental introductions, and 30/60/90-day check-ins
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and State law regulations
- Oversee 360-degree performance review process including communicating, tracking and follow up on the entire process.
- Partner with employees, managers and the Director of Talent and People Operations on employee personal development plans, succession planning, 9 box grid, employee development and career pathing.
- Maintain all personnel records, status changes, and conduct quarterly audits to ensure accuracy
- Create and maintain job descriptions for all roles at Nabis
- Design and direct employee training programs in coordination with the Director of Talent and People Operations that support ongoing employee development.
- Offboarding of all staff compliantly and conducting exit interviews
- Asset tracking and procurement management for all sites
- Multiple-location management -- light travel required
- Oversee development and training of HR Generalist team
- Creating and foster Nabis’ culture including motivating teams, supporting high-growth setting, change management, employee engagement, and recognition/retention programs in coordination with the Talent and People Operations team.
- Bachelor's degree in HR management, Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Proven knowledge of federal and state labor laws and regulations
- Computer literacy, including all Microsoft office applications
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a background check
- 2+ years of Leadership experience, 8+ years of HR management experience
- Cal OSHA 30 certification preferred
- Highly organized
- Good problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Low-ego, adaptable and high EQ
- Excellent time management skills
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT NABIS
1. You'll work at the fastest growing cannabis startup in the U.S.
2. Unlimited PTO and flexible work from home policy
3. Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis
4. Competitive salary and equity compensation structure
5. Discounts at cannabis dispensaries across California
Nabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
cannabis wholesale in one simple platform