Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) Learning and Talent Development Manager
Now Brewing – Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) Learning and Talent Development Manager! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
Job Summary and Mission:
This position contributes to Starbucks' success by managing I&D learning and education initiatives, including the development of complex new curricula, programs, and processes to meet the needs of Starbucks' global business. This role develops, leads, implements, and manages enterprise-wide curricula that drive an inclusive culture-making Starbucks the employer of choice for all.
This role consults across the I&D, PRO (Human Resources), Public Affairs (PA), and other stakeholders to identify learning needs. Develops and maintains global learning solutions to enhance the productivity and performance of our partners.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks' guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following.
As Starbucks Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) Learning and Talent Development Manager, you will ...
- Executes the strategy and manages the scoping, scheduling, defining deliverables, review cycles, milestone, and resource tracking, and reporting for inclusion and diversity programs, projects, and initiatives. Manages multiple projects and processes to support and enhance the effectiveness of programs
- Manages the development process from initiation through completion, including management of scoping, scheduling, defining deliverables, review cycles, milestone and resource tracking, and reporting.
- Defines and manages maintenance, revision, or retirement recommendations for inclusive learning curricula
- Leads project teams to develop new curricula as well as revise or maintain existing programs.
- Consults with subject matter experts and stakeholders I&D learning and education implications of potential business decisions and on gap analysis between current performance and business goals and requirements.
- Evaluates and analyzes feedback and key metrics to measure the effectiveness of I&D learning and education programs and processes in meeting business goals.
- Researches innovation in inclusive learning; benchmarks and analyzes key metrics within training industry in key content areas to inform curriculum development.
- Manages budget for programs, ensuring expenditures are within established parameters, emphasizing cost efficiencies
- Implements and maintains tracking strategies to monitor and evaluate the impact and ROI of programs. Evaluates and analyzes feedback and key metrics to measure the effectiveness of inclusion and diversity programs and processes in meeting business goals
Summary of Experience
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Delivering and maintaining learning programs: 2+ years
- General business experience in large, matrixed organizations: 6+ years
- Project management: 3+ years
- Business background in retail or customer service industry: 2+ years
- Facilitating groups and delivering presentations: 2+ years
- Basic Qualifications are objective, non-comparative, and relevant requirements essential to performing a role anywhere in the company.
- Examples include a minimum educational requirement or specific degrees, certifications, the minimum number of years of experience in a similar role with similar scope or level of responsibility, experience with core technology tools or platforms such as Microsoft Office, equivalent military experience, etc.
- A process guide for determining Basic Qualifications is available on the Job Description SharePoint site.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and its effective application in a business setting.
- Plans, resources, and monitors the effective delivery of learning and performance solutions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Starbucks business strategy and goals and how their work contributes to the company's success
- Recognizes potential problems before they become larger issues; solves problems effectively and follows up on results.
- Leads self and others successfully through minor and major change
- Communicates effectively cross-functionally, cross-culturally, and cross-levels.
- Ability to influence effectively others
- Enables open, constant, and constructive dialogue between business functions and learning & development (L&D).
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and work independently and as part of a team.
- Carefully considers multiple factors before making decisions.
- Able to link the business decision to results, understand Return on Investment (ROI) of decisions/actions
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to use Web- or computer-based training (CBT) authoring software
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.
to inspire and nurture the human spirit — one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time