Director, People Consultant Business Lead
(Locations: Mountain View, CA | Atlanta, GA | New York, NY)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of work experience, including 10 years of combined experience as a Human Resources Business Partner, generalist experience in HR leadership roles setting strategy, designing and executing global people programs, and building teams.
- Experience influencing and working with cross-functional stakeholders/teams.
- Experience managing people and/or teams.
- Master’s degree in Business or HR-related area
- Experience in employee relations.
- Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders in a high-performing and fast-paced global environment in high-tech or enterprise organizations.
- Adept in change management with the ability to navigate complex business models
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills, with ability to communicate large, complex change.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
About the job
People Operations strives to revolutionize human resources the same way that Google has revolutionized search. We are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our Googlers. You'll be an advocate of Google's culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all people decisions are based on data.
In this role, you'll be an integral part of the Googler Experience Leadership Team. You’ll be a thought leader on people and organizational topics and help create the end-to-end People Operations support for Googlers, Managers and Leaders. You will lead a team of People Consultant managers, who are responsible for providing exceptional and empathetic support to Googlers, Managers and Leaders via dynamic consultation. You’ll partner with Business Leaders, People Partner Leads, the Googler Experience Leadership team and other People Ops partners to ensure a seamless support offering for all Googlers, Managers and Leaders.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Work within a global, cross-functional leadership team responsible for creating the vision for the People Operations People Consultant team.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of People Consultants. Challenge, motivate and inspire the People Consultant team to deliver excellent, empathetic, HR support via dynamic consultation to clients.
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Partner with senior business leaders and People Ops leaders to drive deep business value by deeply understanding the business and key priorities that drive people strategy, and bringing to life key People Ops strategies in a way that makes sense within the context of that Product Area.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue; design and implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines and stakeholders.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
do the right thing