People & Culture Lead
As a member of the John Varvatos People and Culture Team, you will provide specialist advice and support to colleagues from across the John Varvatos brand.
Reporting to the Head of People North America, you will act as a point of contact for queries and ensure we are always offering a high level of service to our employees both within Retail (US & Canada) and our New York corporate office. You will look after our retail population, partnering closely with our senior retail leaders and store managers to support the management and development of their teams and also key stakeholders within our head office.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Acting as the first point of contact for employees and managers in your districts/departments, providing an advisory service in regards to all areas of the employee lifecycle.
- Employee Relations - managing multiple cases at one time, including anything from attendance, performance, grievance and disciplinary matters; providing advice at all stages throughout the process, and taking part in meetings where required.
- Experience with investigating harassment, discrimination, wage & hour, and other work-related claims.
- Ensuring that all cases are dealt with fairly and consistently, in compliance with legislation and company policies.
- Assisting in the maintenance and updating of company policies, procedures and guidelines, and ensuring policies and procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Making commercial decisions and assessing legal risks, ensuring the best outcome for the individual as well as the business.
- Lead on recruitment and talent sourcing as well as linking in with our learning and development colleagues to ensure John Varvatos finds, hires, retains and promotes the best talent in the market
- Building and maintaining strong partnerships with all colleagues and stakeholders within the business; coaching, working collaboratively and ensuring the highest level of support.
- Supporting with training and development activities as part of the People team, assisting with the assessment of training needs and supporting with the building and delivering of schemes where required.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of compensation and benefits, providing information and advice, as well as suggesting and assisting with improvements where necessary.
- Support the Global People Director and the Head of People for North America with the delivery of People Projects identified from the People Strategy.
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as the maintenance of HR systems
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
- Proven HR experience with working knowledge of US (and ideally Canadian) employment law is essential, ideally within a fast-paced fashion or retail brand.
- Excellent administrative, strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Organized and able to effectively manage and prioritise a heavy workload.
- Efficient and able to work at a fast pace with varied tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to establish relationships at all levels and support multiple locations.
- Team orientated
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented, with a proactive approach to all aspects of work.
- Design thinking with a strong mindset for innovative ideas.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Using databases/HR systems.
- Further international HR experience is desirable but not essential.
ABOUT THE LOCATION AND TEAM
This role is based in the John Varvatos Head Office based in New York, New York.
Your career matters to us and we will do what it takes to help you on your journey in life. You’ll be challenging yourself and your leadership. The opportunities will be there and you’ll be working within an environment that rewards hard work and innovation. Internal promotion is the norm not the exception and you’ll be supported in your ambition to reach the next step of your career.
In addition to this we offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes an amazing employee clothing allotment and discount. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we very much look forward to working with you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
uniting old world craftsmanship and refined tailoring with modern innovations in textiles and a rock ‘n’ roll sensibility