Chief Diversity and People Officer
Chief Diversity and People Officer (CDPO)
Community Healthcare Network (CHN)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Community Healthcare Network (CHN) is made up of 14 federally qualified health centers throughout Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and Manhattan, along with a fleet of mobile vans that bring health services to underserved people in need throughout New York City. We provide judgment-free, high-quality healthcare, without regard to race, religion, orientation, gender identity, immigration status or ability to pay. We turn no one away. Serving the people within the five boroughs of NYC at 13 locations throughout the city, CHN providers treated more than 85,000 individual patients at 247,000 visits, and touched thousands more through health fairs, outreach, media, and educational programs.
We are deeply committed to the communities we serve, and strive to increase accessibility to care, while empowering our patients to take control of their health.
Community Healthcare Network’s (CHN) mission is to provide access to quality, culturally competent and comprehensive community-based primary care, mental health and social services for diverse populations in underserved communities throughout New York City.
CHN has been committed to providing access to quality healthcare services for low-income and uninsured New Yorkers for more than 30 years. Our story begins in the late 1960’s, when a group of storefront clinics in NYC began dedicating themselves to offering family planning services.
In 1981, to strengthen management and administration of these community-based health care centers, the Community Family Planning Council was established.
The clinics soon expanded to include primary care, mental health, and social services. In 1998, the name was changed to Community Healthcare Network to better reflect our comprehensive array of services.
Since its inception, the agency has grown tremendously in response to such social crises as unequal distribution of medical care, adolescent pregnancy, AIDS, inner city poverty and homelessness.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
CHN NYC is currently seeking a Chief Diversity and People Officer (CDPO) who will oversee the development and integration of human resources strategies and functions that support the organization’s mission, values, and business strategy as it evolves and expands across its city-wide footprint. This will include oversight of the Human Resources Department. At the core of the function will be Network-wide responsibility for executing CHN’s aggressive anti-racism agenda. Reporting to the President and CEO, the CDPO will be a strategic leader, playing a key role in developing and implementing strategies that advance CHN’s efforts to be a high-performance organization that is fueled by a skilled, engaged, and diverse workforce and vibrant, inclusive culture. This is a unique opportunity to work in close partnership with the CEO, Board of Directors, leadership team, HR team, and staff to develop and implement a bold and exciting vision for CHN as an organization that attracts top talent, ensures they are highly engaged in the mission, work, and culture of the organization, develop them in their careers and maximizes their contributions.
● Talent Management: Developing and implementing best in class human capital leadership and effective practices for recruiting, training, development, and performance management practices with a focus on learning and development;
● Leading the executing of anti-racism initiatives throughout the organization;
● HR Systems and Practices: Ensuring effective Human Resources administrative and operational functions, including benefits, compensation, employee relations, compliance, and organization-wide policies and procedures;
● Organizational Leadership: Serving as a leader across the organization, driving innovation and change, setting goals, communicating key messages, and embodying core values;
● Organizational Culture: Creating a collaborative, inclusive culture that reflects CHN values, attracts top talent, and advances engagement, effectiveness, and innovation; serve as “culture carrier” across the organization.
The CDPO will lead all areas of responsibility with a lens for diversity, equity, and inclusion, providing both strategic and tactical leadership for all aspects of CHN people and HR needs.
The CDPO will be based in the CHN New York City office and work across all CHN locations.
Strong candidates will bring deep people and HR competencies and skills combined with the vision and energy required to build and grow an anti-racist organization with leading-edge people and talent practices and policies. They will be exceptional leaders and managers with the capacity to work in partnership across the organization to drive change and ensure that CHN’s greatest asset- its people- is fully engaged and supported and that organizational values are reflected in all activities.
Desired core competencies:
A strategic leader and advisor, the CDPO must leverage their understanding of the organization and its current programs and culture to develop a solution-oriented approach to driving transformative change in a consistent manner.
The role will be responsible for developing a progressive and comprehensive People, Culture, and anti-racism strategies, implementing them across locations and functions, and aligning them to the organization’s goals.
The CDPO will collaborate with leaders across CHN to ensure their human resources needs and goals are met.
The CDPO will bring the skills required to operationalize new strategies and initiatives. They must be both strategic and hands-on, ready to jump in as necessary, demonstrating agility and collaboration and the ability to drive change across the organization.
A strong culture carrier with the ability to communicate a shared values philosophy across employees, volunteers, and partners. The CDPO will play a pivotal role in helping to articulate, nurture and inculcate the culture as CHN grows and matures. Understanding the importance of cultural differences and acceptance across NYC is critical.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Leader
The CDPO will bring insight and leadership to CHN diversity work, developing and implementing a clear strategy and vision and ensuring that this work is infused across all aspects of the organization.
A builder with the demonstrated ability to design and implement effective talent recruitment, management and retention strategies that lead to an engaged, diverse, and inclusive workforce. The CDPO will enhance CHN reputation as an employer of choice through the development and implementation of a wide range of innovative talent initiatives and strategies.
Empathy and exceptional interpersonal skills are essential for the CDPO. They must be compassionate, self-aware, and able to skillfully manage across a variety of cultures and leadership styles. Authenticity The CDPO must have an exceptional ability to manage complex organizational challenges while being open and transparent with the CEO, executive team, and team members, fostering trust and always serving as a safe and credible resource.
A leader with experience building and developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization and global team, in which all voices are heard and valued. They must be able to collaborate closely with the CEO, executive cabinet, and leadership across all areas of talent management, culture and diversity, equity and inclusion and be a trusted partner who understands cultural and ethical differences.
In addition, strong candidates will offer the following skills, characteristics, and experiences:
● A proactive leader with strong generalist skills and evidence of developing human resources strategies that reflect the values and goals of an organization;
● Leadership of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs and policies;
● Lifecycle talent acquisition and development experience;
● Knowledge of global compensation & benefits strategies and programs;
● Strength in developing change management strategies, managing their execution and monitoring for impact;
● Learning and development experience (including executive and leadership development, succession planning, mentoring and coaching);
● Organization design skills, with the ability to ensure that organizational structures are effective for achieving broader goals;
● A continuous improvement and learning philosophy;
● A personal style that is warm, approachable, and embodies a culture of caring, respect, and openness; and
● Authentic interest and belief in CHN’s mission, and a desire to help a global team achieve that mission by building effective people and culture systems and practices.
The CDPO will be based in the CHN New York City office and work across all CHN locations.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
As a condition of employment, we require that all staff are fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Therefore, all new employees need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, and are required to provide documentation of receiving the Covid-19 Vaccine.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
we offer quality healthcare services for the whole family and we never turn anyone away