HR Technology Digital Insights Specialist
(Locations: Austin, TX | Seattle, WA | San Francisco, CA | Fremont, CA)
The Global People Operations team strives to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle. Leading with care and empathy, we develop efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to create people-related strategies across the business. We manage people knowledge and build project management capability across our company. Our work also ensures Facebook remains protected and compliant. We strive to ensure employees feel heard and given the resources and support they need during the most important moments of their careers.
At Facebook we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 2 billion users, but also decisions about our people. Our Digital Experience team uses data to understand how employees engage with our company.
The Digital Insights Specialist for HR Tech would drive the data collection, measurement, organization, and analysis to inform our HR surfaces evolution roadmap. You’ll coordinate data partners from People Analytics, People Insights & Engineering and People Operations to pull together data and analysis required to tell a cohesive story of employee journey and surface performance.
The Digital Insights Specialist is responsible for ensuring the efficiency of our HR platforms, identifying areas for improvement around our HR surfaces, tools and products, recommending both long term and ad-hoc solutions. They will track user-centric performance, identify trends and highlight challenges in our current HR platforms and use data to identify improvements for the employee experience.
A person who would succeed in this role is someone who enjoys working with leadership to tell a story from the data. A critical attribute for someone in this role is the ability to navigate and partner across the world of data, HR program leaders, product managers, designers and line of business. SQL and Tableau proficiency is required.
HR Technology Digital Insights Specialist
- Apply expertise in qualitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support against business priorities
- Act as an internal consultant by understanding user needs, scoping data requests, synthesizing insights, and recommending solutions in collaboration with other members of analytics teams
- Apply your technical expertise to help solve, inform, and influence how our HR tools operate and support decision making for our HR technology team
- Use tools and programming languages like Tableau, Hive, R, Python, Workday, and many other internal tools to work efficiently at scale
- Maintain code-base (SQL) used to drive self-service tools, and recommend opportunities for improvement
- Create and iterate on solutions and dashboards to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Enforce best practices and alignment with research, forecasting, analytics, and engineering teams
- Effectively communicate with external clients and internal teams to deliver solutions in a timely fashion
- Document requirements with stakeholders, and partner with People Insights and People Analytics on broader changes to core dashboards and solutions
- 5+ years experience with SQL (or similar language aimed at querying relational databases)
- 5+ years of experience working with data visualization tools (Tableau)
- 3+ years of experience writing and deploying Python code in a production environment
- Experience manipulating large data sets through statistical software or other methods
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience processing and analyzing data sets, interpreting them for making business decisions
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the overall strategy of the product
- Experience knowing when a question requires reporting on basic data vs. sophisticated statistical analysis
- Experience having effective conversations with clients about their support needs and requirements
- Experienced professional and customer-service skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- BA/BS in a field that emphasizes data analysis and visualization (e.g., computer science, social sciences, physical sciences, math, engineering, or statistics), or equivalent work experience
- Experience with statistical analysis using R, Python, or a similar scripting language
- Experience working with user-focused metrics preferred (e.g. engagement, satisfaction, adoption, etc.)
- Experience working with HR/organizational people data preferred (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, and other people analytics)
- Strong project management skills
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
it's quick and easy