Senior Manager, People & Culture
About the Team
The Global Employee Engagement Team at DoorDash is made up of two pods: Internal Communications and Employee Connections. Together we strive to inspire, inform, and connect our 6,000+ employees across 7 countries to DoorDash's business, mission, and culture. We're looking for an experienced specialist to own our People & Culture communications strategy and help shape our internal narrative as a leading employer of choice.
Within the team, the Senior Manager, People & Culture Internal Communications will be wholly dedicated to communicating our People Team strategy, programs, and policies to our global employees, in close partnership with our Chief People Officer. This role will build cross-functional relationships with teams across the People, Equity, Legal, Finance and Corporate Communications teams to ensure employees understand the What, When, Where, Why and How of key HR, culture, and diversity initiatives. You will be the voice of our employees in every room, helping us build a nimble, high-impact team whose work touches every corner of the organization.
This role reports to our Director of Global Employee Engagement and is a part of the Global Culture & Belonging department at DoorDash, whose collective mission is to create a culture of belonging and connection to our company and each other, where every employee can do the best work of their career without muting their identities.
In this role, you will...
- Design and implement a comprehensive global strategy for company-wide communications around our People strategy, core programs, and commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity
- Partner with Employer Brand and Corporate Communications to continually evolve our narrative as an employer of choice, using storytelling to bring the employee experience to life
- Provide executive communications support to our Chief People Officer, including drafting company-wide announcements, talking points, slides, and blog posts in their authentic voice
- Lead intra-departmental communications and engagement for the People Team, to ensure every team member understands our People Team strategy and the direct impact we have on employees and our business (e.g., People Team All Hands, CPO communications, recognition programs, etc.)
- Partner with People Team project managers to develop communications plans and materials for company-wide HR initiatives (e.g., annual Employee Voice Survey, performance review cycle, benefits open enrollment, HR policy changes & enhancements, etc.)
- Manage monthly People Team newsletter to keep employees up-to-date on the People programs, cultural events, and employee engagement initiatives happening across our company
- Partner with Culture & Belonging and our Employee Resource Group (ERG) leads to develop and execute a year-round cultural awareness campaign (e.g., Heritage Months, cultural celebrations, remembrance days, Women's Leadership Week, etc.)
- Maintain Wiki/Intranet pages that are owned by Culture & Belonging or related to People Team projects receiving communications support
- Build and maintain relationships with a diverse set of internal stakeholders to increase visibility and improve the quality of communications throughout the organization
We're excited about you because you…
- Are a self-motivated and creative communicator who believes strategic internal communication is the foundation of a positive employee experience (HR, Culture and/or Diversity & Inclusion communications experience is strongly preferred)
- Are an excellent writer who can simplify complex ideas into a brief and compelling message that will excite and inspire employees
- Have executive communications experience with a knack for adopting a leaders' authentic voice
- Are an experienced thought partner to a People Leadership Team (PLT) and communications consultant for the broader People Team
- Take a proactive approach to your work, and bring a clear point of view to every discussion
- Believe that one size does not fit all, and thoughtful execution of a communications plan is just as important as the message itself (experience designing targeted plans for segmented employee populations is a strongly preferred)
- Have the change management experience needed to move a hyper-growth organization from awareness to adoption
- Have the project management skills needed to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, with minimal oversight
- Flourish in a project-based consulting role where most projects are cross-functional and not "owned" by your team
- Have a keen talent and interest in thinking outside the room - putting yourself in the shoes of our underrepresented and/or underserved populations to ensure their voices are heard (e.g., hourly employees, international employees, women of all backgrounds, people of color, parents, LGBTQIA+ community members, etc.)
- Take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
- Have 7-10 years of relevant internal communications experience; high-growth tech experience a bonus
- Have a bachelor's degree or higher (preferred)
You'll love working at DoorDash because...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Want to learn a little more about our culture and company values? We believe in transparency, so check out what it's like Working@DoorDash or follow us on Instagram @wearedoordash!
DoorDash is a technology platform that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, the company currently reaches 80+ percent of U.S. households and has the widest selection of restaurants, cementing an industry-leading position in the U.S. DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
get more from your neighborhood