Head of Employee Listening
(Locations: Chicago, IL | San Jose, CA)
Who we are
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary
PayPal is searching for an experienced employee listening professional to join the fast-growing People Analytics & HR Tech organization. The Head of Employee Listening will report directly to the Head of People Analytics & HR Teach and partner with other People Analytics Consultants on the team.
- Create and execute PayPal’s employee listening strategy and be responsible for understanding the experience across the entire employee lifecycle
- Design and implement a cohesive, always-on sensing system connecting listening data across the lifecycle (e.g., candidate experience surveys, onboarding surveys, hiring manager surveys, engagement surveys, pulse surveys, 180 / 360 feedback, focus groups, exit surveys).
- Recommend actions based on analysis of the collected data, including creation of plans, providing recommended learning resources, and personalized nudges.
- Serve as subject matter expert and consultant on survey content, administration, and analysis/reporting for employee surveys conducted across PayPal
- Identify opportunities for leveraging surveys and other research to generate impactful insights on PayPal’s culture
- Continuously improve PayPal’s listening data architecture, measurement strategies, privacy protection, and reporting practices
- Ensure all appropriate data privacy, security, and controls requirements are incorporated into employee survey processes at PayPal
- Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or related quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of experience in an employee listening role implementing contemporary, global listening programs at a large multinational company or as an external consultant
- Hands-on experience managing, analyzing, and troubleshooting survey and other data using SQL, R or Python
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts, such as sentiment analysis and topic modeling, along with implications, to business and technical audiences
- Experience designing and running focus groups and other qualitative methods of listening data collection
- Experience with text analytics and storytelling using data visualization tool (e.g., Tableau)
Chicago - Merchandise Mart Plaza, Illinois, United States of America
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely