Director of People
(Locations: San Francisco, CA | Boulder, CO | New Orleans, LA | Remote, US)
Recurly is looking for a strategic and experienced Director of People! You will play a key role in our People Organization and will report to our Chief People Officer. The primary functions of the Director of People will be to assess our organizational needs and drive comprehensive solutions in areas such as employee performance management, compensation analysis, communication, training, diversity and inclusion, leadership and career development.
The Director of People role is a strategic business partner who works collaboratively across the organization to support, enable, and lead the realization of Recurly’s vision, mission, and objectives. Bringing your previous experience handling confidential and sensitive information, you will be expected to exercise discretion, empathy, and integrity while working within a fast-paced, start-up environment. In addition to employee relations, the ideal candidate for this role will have extensive experience in analyzing compensation to understand current salary trends and predict future trends as well as administration, organization, and coordination of performance management processes.
If you don’t match the job 100% we would still like to hear from you!
We look for people who connect with Recurly’s mission and purpose and embody its values of:
Be Mindful, Solve Elegantly, Iterate Everything, Debate Passionately, and Own the Outcome
- Strategically partner with the leadership team to up level the organization and our ability to scale
- Execute people strategies that foster growth and innovation while scaling and strengthening our culture
- Create and implement the company’s employee training and development programs
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies to make data driven decisions
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation when needed
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide guidance and input on business unit development, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identify training needs for business units and individual coaching needs
- Participate in building, evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success
- Follow up to ensure training objectives are met
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Strong communicator with experience coaching leaders and proven creative problem-solver
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including capturing metrics, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Experience with HR technologies (HRIS, Performance Management, LMS) based tools a plus
- PHR or SPHR credential desired
- International experience a plus
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover $450 million + in Revenue.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $9 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
the subscription platform powering possibilities