People Research Scientist
(Locations: Austin, TX | San Francisco, CA | New York, NY | Remote, US)
At Facebook, we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 1 billion users, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset – our people. For instance, we use data to understand how to hire top talent, to ensure our people are engaged, and to support diversity.
We’re looking for an experienced People Research Scientist to join our people analytics function. Our team uncovers data-driven insights to better attract, develop, motivate, and retain Facebook’s most important asset – our people. This role will focus on researching, validating, and curating the skills and capabilities of people to help connect them to opportunities at moments across the employee lifecycle.
As part of the Talent Framework Team, you will serve as an active partner with HR, functional leaders, and other researchers to identify how a person’s skills and capabilities influence a broad spectrum of people issues, including optimizing employee performance, growth, engagement, diversity, management and leadership development, learning, compensation (e.g., pay equity), and retention. You’ll also help develop and refine people processes and technology to make an exceptional workplace even better. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and experience working across a variety of people areas.
People Research Scientist, People Analytics Talent Framework
- Apply your expertise in people research, quantitative analysis, data science and data visualization to help Facebook recruit, select, engage, grow, and retain talent
- See beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all things people-related
- Identify, categorize, and factor reduce skill & sub-skill data across multiple sources (e.g., document mining & tagging, NLP, focus groups, surveys, card sort, employee self-identification) to curate skill frameworks for use in people capabilities across Facebook
- Partner with HR, recruiting, selection, diversity, enterprise engineering, and other cross-functional teams on people projects to identify, map, analyze, and refresh skill needs, definitions, and proficiency levels to drive people capabilities and deliver business needs
- Build foundational Talent Framework analytics and reporting methodology for use at s
- Collaborate with data engineering and visualization engineers to access and manipulate data, explain data gathering requirements, and display results
- Partner with HR, recruiting, diversity and other teams on people projects to identify and clarify critical people issues, deeply understand our people processes, and analyze data to generate insights driving improvements
- Bring together Facebook-specific data and outside research to help leaders understand people issues
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate effectively with the Employment Law team on a variety of sensitive projects
- Collaborate effectively with and mentor other team members
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
- PhD or PhD coursework with 3+ years of experience in a field emphasizing people research in organizations (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Labor Economics, Management, Policy Analysis, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience conducting people research in an organization or consulting environment, including working with stakeholders to understand and clarify their people research needs and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
- 3+ years of experience applying multivariate statistical methods such as GLM, analysis of quasi-experimental research designs with non-equivalent groups (e.g., regression adjustment, matching, propensity score stratification), longitudinal analysis, classification, dimension reduction, clustering, hierarchical linear (random effects) modeling, etc., to people research problems in organizations
- Experience with text mining/natural language processing (NLP), machine learning, or modeling qualitative data
- Experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as SQL, R or Python
- Experience in survey design & analysis
- Experience communicating technical results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience conducting job analysis to define requirements for a job role, family of job roles and/or at the enterprise level
- Experience developing competency or skill frameworks scalable across job roles
- Experience working internally (as opposed to consulting) in an organization with 500+ professional employees (e.g., high-tech, financial services, healthcare, biotech, etc.)
- Experience developing tools, conducting empirical research, practical implementation, knowledge of best practices in at least two of the following areas: diversity/inclusion, employee engagement, learning and development, leadership development, management development, performance management, or retention
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $154,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
it's quick and easy