Chief Talent Officer
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Talent Officer is hyper-focused on scaling and retaining the workforce required for long-term sustainable delivery of Houwzer’s business objectives, as well as acting as a strategic partner and contributor to the executive team. In addition to talent acquisition, employee engagement and intentional culture building strategies, the Chief Talent Officer will also be a key player in leadership development, career growth mapping, and succession planning. This role will additionally oversee the People Operations Department and be responsible for driving the results of other human capital management strategies including but not limited to learning and development, total rewards, organizational design, HR systems and operations, and compliance.
Here's What You'll Do
- Build a world-class talent brand to secure top talent in order to execute on substantial growth plans.
- Build a high impact, max velocity hiring strategy that addresses key gaps between the talent in place today and the talent required to drive business success.
- Develop corporate communication strategies to foster an environment of trust and transparency.
- Build strategies that reinforce company value, culture, and spirit, for both in-person and remote work environments.
- Plan and execute quarterly leadership retreats for VP and Exec teams.
- Embed a thoughtful strategy to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating People-related needs and delivering added services for the benefit of the employees.
- Design and execute strategic operational structure and organizational roadmaps that will ensure success at scale as the organization rapidly grows.
- Innovate on the company’s employee experience and drive differentiation throughout all areas of the business.
- Develop and manage thoughtful, scalable People policies and procedures that provide structure to the employee lifecycle and are in line with building a world-class talent brand.
- Through a committee of employees, plan and execute our annual company-wide launch event.
- Oversee the health of our culture by tracking eNPS, while protecting the positive contributions and identifying issues that hold the company back.
To Get in the Door, We Need You to Have
- Experience building a world-class talent brand. All subsequent skills are secondary to this requirement.
- Experience hiring, scaling, and leading talent acquisition teams
- Has a talent mindset and is focused on building talent practices that align purpose and performance with the company objectives to attract and retain talent.
- Scaling experience in a high growth, startup environment
- Proven track record having promoted a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- A dynamic thinker with intellectual horsepower, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a consultative mindset.
- Success serving as a key member of the leadership team in providing input regarding the HR implications of all major business decisions, as well as overall strategic objectives.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance for you and the ones you love
- $10,000 in life insurance coverage
- Employer-paid short term disability insurance
- Retirement Savings Account
- Stock options
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits for transportation and parking
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy (no maximum on the number of days off) and eight observed holidays
- Paid Time Off for Volunteering (we require that you volunteer 50 hours a year!)
Where You Need to Be Everyday
Our company is still primarily remote with plans to move to a hybrid work environment. The People Operations team is expected to be in the office at least twice a month for team building and meetings. If you end up being our pick for the role, we'd like you to be able to be in Philadelphia at the same rate.
Who is Houwzer?
At Houwzer, our vision is to become the best real estate company in, and for, the world. We’re the first certified B Corp in the real estate industry, and we pride ourselves on being a next-generation brokerage and home services company built around our clients and their experiences. What exactly does this look like? Well, it looks like paying our amazing real estate agents and mortgage advisors a steady salary and setting them up for success with training and administrative support. It also looks like offering a one-stop-shop experience to homeowners, guiding them seamlessly through the entire transaction with less stress. Houwzer helps homeowners save when they sell and trust when they buy because we give our agents the security to prioritize the unique needs of each client. We live up to the #HouwzerHype by keeping our focus on the quality of service we provide and valuing our team members and communities.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Houwzer, we have set out to become the best real estate company in, and for, the world. To be the best, it's crucial we have a variety of perspectives and approaches, which means we are building a team inclusive of different races, genders, ages, religions, identities, and experiences. Come see what the #HouwzerHype is all about. We'd love to have you here!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
save when you sell. trust when you buy.