Chief People Officer
(Locations: Carmel, IN | Cincinnati, OH | Columbus, OH | Westerville, OH | Indianapolis, IN | Lexington, KY | Louisville CMCL, KY)
With direct accountability to the Managing Director, the Chief People Officer is responsible for directing, administering, and managing the people activities of the organization in accordance with the policies, goals, and objectives established by the Managing Director and Executive Committee.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the CPO assumes a strategic role in the overall management of the firm. The CPO position provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper human resources, recruitment, retention, development, culture and compensation systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
- Provide high level counsel and advice to the Managing Director particularly relative to achievement of strategic goals and firm objectives.
- Implementation of our people initiatives, policies, practices, and programs to include employee relations, recruiting and staffing, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
- Identification, recommendation, and implementation of industry best practices across the entire spectrum including client service delivery, internal administration efficiencies and long-term strategic positioning,
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the motivation, development, and retention of people resources of the firm.
- Provide orchestration and facilitation of Director and Executive Committee meetings encompasses agenda preparation; site selection, logistics and social issues; outside and inside speakers/presenters; cost and expense oversight; Director communication; meeting minutes; and follow-up on action items/decisions.
- Lead firm-wide communications on status / progress of strategic goals, key initiatives taking place, policy changes and decisions that will impact Directors and employees.
- Coordinate and facilitate firm-wide committee meetings (401(k) Plan Committee, Director Compensation Committee, and DIC Committee with EC); encompasses agenda preparation; Director communications; meeting minutes; and follow-up on action items/decisions.
- Management of firm insurance coverage including all commercial lines and professional liability protection; encompasses annual negotiations with broker/agent and carriers; completion of all applications and periodic competitive analysis; and ongoing communications regarding questions, claims, firm changes impacting insurance coverage and risk management.
- Provide legal support across a broad range of firm needs; includes coordination and communication of lawsuits brought against the firm; response to and handling of all subpoenas received by the firm and/or firm personnel; review and/or create contracts, operating agreements, and lease agreements; coordination of new operating entities; monitor lawsuits for collections.
- Management and administration of all employee benefit plans and (401(k) plan; includes annual plan renewal negotiations; compliance with regulatory and legal requirements; fiscal management to meet firm budget goals; competitive analysis to ensure benefit value to employees; manage relationships with various vendors, carriers, and brokers.
- Provide compensation administration for all employees and Directors including annual performance evaluations, staff promotions, salary adjustments, competitive salary surveys and policy / compensation plan recommendations.
- Management and direction of human resources, recruiting, training and development; development and implementation of all firm policies and procedures to ensure maximum success in all functional areas to support operational efficiency and profitability
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of all firm documents and records (including all ancillary entities); encompasses operating agreements, association memberships, transaction agreements, etc.
- Provide strategic analysis and implementation support of merger and/or acquisition candidates; ensure successful transition and integration of new employees into Blue’s organizational structure and culture.
- Participation on the Advisory Board of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council to further the goals and objectives of this strategic initiative.
- Evaluate the Firm Administration team’s structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Meet at least semi-annually with each Director-In-Charge to discuss needs, director pipeline, staffing projections, performance, and support issues / needs. Develop “key items” list from discussions for follow-up action steps, tracking of progress.
- Public relations / Marketing – provide direction to marketing staff to take advantage of PR opportunities including development of press releases on key events; contribute input on website development and maintenance; coordination of the Best Places to Work program across all offices including analysis of results, action plans to address feedback from employees and leveraging the BPTW status in recruiting / retention efforts.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a mentoring program to support the ongoing development and retention of rising stars and future leaders within Blue & Co.
- Community Outreach / Corporate Citizenship – lead development and implementation of the firm’s policy / approach to support long-term vision and goals.
- Attendance annually at a national MAP conference; report key learnings to the appropriate individuals and/or groups within the organization to continually improve the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred. Minimum 10 years in progressively responsible leadership roles, preferably in operational function.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources and legal.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Energetic, forward-thinking, and creative with excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
accounting and consulting firm