Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
Inside the Job
You’ll be using your IQ, EQ, positivity and growth mindset to get results. Fast. In a business our size (just north of 100 people) there’s nowhere to hide, but if you want to make an impact, be able to measure that with precision, and see yourself as a key inflection point in the business, you’re going to love it here.
On top of all that, you’ll be a willing and skilled collaborator able to get the best out of the people around you and contribute consistently at your best. At Baraja we’re very good listeners, we’re highly empathetic and we’re conscientious - all of which have helped us to iterate and problem solve so quickly and thoroughly with clients.
Culturally we’re all about learning, building, and growing. Our environment is always inclusive and breeds innovation - we don’t want to just lead; we want to the creating leaders of the future. We're looking for a seasoned People & Culture Partner in the United States to join our team and help take our teams to the next level.
You'll be working closely with our People team, team leads and all Barajans, navigate and solve problems, grow, and learn with all Barajans as we progress towards our mission in building an autonomous future. We are a fast-paced start-up and you'll be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
Please note: We have teams across, Palo Alto, CA and Detroit, MI
What will you do?
- Help build out a world-class people function in the US to support our vision in becoming the best LiDAR company in the world
- Work with Head of People & Culture, P&C Partners, L&D and Talent Partners to build a true partnership model within the P&C team
- Guide and coach leaders on the full gamut of HR (talent planning, performance management, compensation & rewards etc.)
- Coach business leaders and managers on people management best practices
- Assist leaders with strategic planning and forecasting needs regarding people and organisational culture
- Function as HR lead for stakeholders going through organisational change and restructuring
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legisaltion and regulation and participate in developing appropriate policies and procedures
- Analyse a broad range of HR data to identify valid insights, and convert these insights into recommendations the business can use to make decisions
What are we looking for?
- Experience supporting technology teams as as a HR/ P&C Partner, ideally 3 + years as a People Partner
- Background working with tech startups; ideally partnering with R&D responsible partner groups and diverse business units
- A good understanding of HR programs including performance management, leadership development, talent management, compensation, and employee relations
- A growth mindset (we’ll be testing for this)
- High EQ and interpersonal skills
- A collaborator that is able to influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders, leaders, teams, and our People team functions
- Be able to clearly communicate to People team functions the needs and wants of the specialty you are working while recognising the overall strategic values of the people team.
- Can balance working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside a range of teams
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company, and have thrived in this kind of environment
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you
- Internal progression opportunities
- ESOP offering & remuneration package
- Learning & Development budget
- Wellness Budget
- Monthly social events
- Volunteer day
- Team lunches
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
self-driving cars are hard. your choice of LiDAR shouldn’t be.