People Operations Manager
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2 million customers after less than 9 months on the market. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
We are looking for someone to be responsible for ensuring that our team operates effectively through people systems and technology, thoughtful HR processes, and highly capable resources to deliver an exceptional employee experience.
As our first HR team member, you will be a force-multiplier who enables all other functions at Step to capitalize on centralized standards and resources that support our most valuable resource at Step—our people. You are extremely process-driven, detail-obsessed, and employee experience-focused. You have experience building a team and process from scratch. You hold yourself and others on your team to a very high standard of delivery, and you value partnership and stakeholder engagement along the way. You are familiar with best practices in the People function and can turn those concepts into our standards.
The People Operations Manager will work on a variety of initiatives to maximize the output of our people as it relates to company objectives and taking the lead on special projects that propel our business forward. We are looking for a talented, motivated, organized, and analytic individual who will thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Work with founders and leadership across the company to ensure that we maintain our core values, entrepreneurial spirit, and collaborative environment
- Understand the pulse of the company, team, and culture and make sure we maintain focus and discipline on our mission
- Oversee performance management process and employee development
- Implement and maintain team onboarding and offboarding process
- Manage and own team and company wide events to build employee connectedness
- Work directly with CEO and Head of Talent on aligning Organization, Talent Acquisition/Development, and People needs
- Eventually manage and build a team across the People Ops function
- 5-10+ years of experience in HR or a People Operations role
- Start-up experience and prior experience with a fast growing company is a plus
- People management and cross-org collaboration skills
- Systems thinking and reasoning from first principles
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to answer your own questions
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Naturally curious and willing to take measured risks
- Personal integrity and a team-first mindset
- Exceptional project management and a focus on results
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻
Your application has been successfully submitted.
banking for teens