Manager - People Analytics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
(Locations: Menlo Park, CA | Washington, DC | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA)
Our team provides research driven insights and recommendations to better attract, develop, motivate, and retain Facebook’s most important asset – our people. This role will involve being a strategic partner with the Tech org and HR leadership through delivering research backed recommendations on topics including diversity and inclusion, talent development, and program evaluation.
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, and can effectively lead a research team, from both a stakeholder management and people leadership perspective. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and experience leading an analytics team.
Manager - People Analytics
- Lead a team of people research scientists ensuring the team is productive, engaged, and thriving in their career
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify and clarify critical people issues
- Through partnering with Tech org and HR leadership, identify opportunities for research to drive strategic decisions and process changes
- Design research and perform advanced statistical analysis on people data to address questions from org/HR leadership
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop processes to support research planning and execution for a team of people research scientists and/or analytics business partners in an efficient and scalable manner (e.g. road mapping, code sharing, automation of repetitive tasks)
- Provide technical expertise to researchers to guide research design and statistical analyses
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data and business issues
- Apply knowledge of people growth and diversity strategies at Facebook
- PhD or MS in a field emphasizing people or decision research (e.g., industrial/organizational psychology, organizational behavior, economics, sociology, program evaluation or other related degree)
- 5+ years of business experience in people, human resources, diversity, program evaluation, education, or a related field
- 2+ years experience managing a team of researchers or quantitative focused analysts
- Experience applying statistical methods such as linear and logistic regression, quasi-experimental research/causal inference techniques (e.g., propensity score matching, regression discontinuity), longitudinal analysis, or multilevel modeling
- Experience managing and analyzing data using tools such as SQL, R, or Python and experience troubleshooting others' analyses and code
- Experience communicating research findings to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Openness to feedback and self awareness
- Coaching and people development skills
- 3+ years experience working internally within a medium to large organization
- Experience leading quantitative research in two or more of the following areas: diversity and inclusion, career growth, performance management, manager/leader development, program evaluation, retention
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
it's quick and easy