People Analytics Consultant, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The People Analytics – Diversity & Inclusion Consultant is responsible for providing strategic thought partnership and analytical leadership. This role will be accountable for the portfolio of work supporting diversity, inclusion and equity among Allstate’s workforce. They will coordinate and manage structured, hypothesis-driven problem-solving approaches to bring clarity to ambiguous business issues, design thoughtful analysis and deploy creative thinking to solve these problems. This individual is expected to apply well-developed subject matter expertise and experience in the pursuit of their own work and collaborate across the People Analytics team.
- Develops relationships with Allstate’s Inclusive Diversity COE, Chief Diversity Officer, and leaders across the business to understand the organization, business goals and the reasons for those goals; articulates linkages between business goals, organization practices, and where People Analytics can make a difference
- Leverages data and analytics to create plans and strategies that support business goals and solving of business problems; implements strategic change through relationships with HRBPs and leaders and contributes to the alignment of strategic and operational priorities with data and insights
- Leads individual analytics projects and helps to define winning strategies and business models around innovation opportunities, in particulate using key analytics techniques, such as: framing the problem, scoping the work and delivery process, answer/hypothesis generation, design of analyses, and KPI development
- Communicates effectively in challenging and complex situations. Presents complicated analytical information and insights with efficiency. Assesses the audience during oral presentations, and when necessary can adapt messages instantly to provide the greatest impact
- Creates stakeholder trust that reflects knowledge and understanding of the client's organization, business, and needs, is able to successfully influence others
- Contributes to a data-driven culture of analytics across HR, working with internal and external partners on an approach that compliments Allstate’s culture of analytics
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of related experience; preferably within HR, business strategy, finance, analytics or related disciplines
- Ability to synthesize key findings and complex analytical insights into a cohesive storyline and contributes to developing “client-ready” presentations appropriate for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in using hypothesis-driven problem-solving skills and appropriate consulting techniques
- Understanding of business acumen to tackle a wide range of issues in an integrated fashion (e.g. markets, competition, business models, operations, organization)
- Partner with AOR/MFB and other stakeholders across the organization (e.g., HR, Finance, D3, etc.) to identify and validate data and analyses, and to support People Analytics team and processes
- Leverages “80/20” approach, allocating efforts against the highest value areas
- Uses clear communications throughout the project process to all stakeholders involved regarding scope, timeline, issues, and any revisions to them
- Experience in the following analytical models:
- Basic understanding of how to interpret predictive models and machine learning techniques
- Basic understanding of how to leverage models to solve business problems
- Validates models based on business experience
The hiring salary range for this role is $80,000 - $120.000. Offers will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
you're in good hands