Senior People Partner
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a Sr. People Partner (Sr. HR Business Partner) to drive talent and organizational initiatives that enable customer and business outcomes and foster the employee experience. In this role, you will partner with senior leaders to develop organizational and leadership capability, execute the People strategy and drive people practices that shape our talent and culture.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and have the capability to diagnose issues and influence long term solutions and outcomes at all levels of the organization. We are specifically looking for an experienced People Partner with deep experience as a strategic partner and consultant to senior leadership teams and who is comfortable with a broad scope of responsibilities that include, but are not limited to leadership coaching, organization design, career ladder definition & development, performance and talent management, succession planning, change management and organizational effectiveness.
What you’ll do here:
- You will build and maintain relationships with senior leaders in assigned client groups by building trust and driving for results
- You will translate business strategy into people priorities and initiatives that drive organizational effectiveness
- You will analyze and interpret key employee data to draw insights and present recommendations that influence decision making
- You will work closely with senior leaders on talent strategies including succession planning, professional development, workforce planning, performance management and retention
- You will execute employee lifecycle processes in partnership with senior leaders, People Operations and Centers of Expertise
- You will collaborate with senior leaders and the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team to develop innovative ideas to enhance culture, diversity and inclusion
- You will support leaders with employee engagement and action planning
- You will provide counsel to senior leaders to support workforce initiatives and resolve complex people challenges
- You will identify the need for change and lead the implementation to new or changing structures, processes or programs for assigned client group(s), and contribute to developing change and communication plans in collaboration with business leaders and Centers of Expertise
- You will consult with the People Operations, Total Rewards, People Analytics, and Talent, Culture & Inclusion teams to continuously refine internal processes and communicate changes to assigned client group(s)
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years of HR experience with at least 5 years as a HR Business Partner to senior leadership
- You have experience in a high profile, strategic and execution-oriented HR role with strong executive level interface and a high degree of executive influence
- You are proficient in organizational development & effectiveness, consulting and building people manager capability
- You have strong needs analysis, problem solving and decision making skills
- You have demonstrated experience creating and/or implementing large scale change initiatives
- You are an effective and influential communicator who tailors communication style as needed
- An advanced degree in Human Resources, Business or related field is a plus
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions.
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals.
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity.
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance.
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles.
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $127,000 to $152,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
all-in-one marketing platform for small business