Director of People Operations
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a Director, People Operations to lead and scale our People (HR) Operations function. The ideal candidate is passionate about driving operational excellence and supporting key initiatives across the company with a focus on enabling strategic outcomes. This is not just an operational role; there will be a large amount of change management involved as existing processes are simplified and automated and new processes are brought to life, all in service of delivering a best in class employee experience. In this role, you will have the opportunity to shape service delivery of core lifecycle processes, own employee relations, policy and compliance; as well as partner with People Department leaders and business leaders to drive the People strategy. You will ensure the effective and efficient delivery of people operations and employee relations services and work collaboratively with stakeholders to define and collect input on how to deliver key processes and metrics that reliably measure employee and organizational outcomes.
What you’ll do here:
- You will provide strategic leadership for the expansion, improvement and management of people operations and service offerings.
- You will identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience, optimize people processes, and make informed decisions using a data-driven approach.
- You will develop service agreements and standards to drive high levels of service delivery.
- You will partner with the Centers of Expertise and other teams to create and implement efficient and simple workflows based on best practices.
- You will provide direction to build and implement effective, efficient, and consistent operational processes.
- You will lead development and implementation of employee relations policies, programs, and training; ensure updates and revisions are consistent with changes in laws, regulations, best practices and company culture.
- You will investigate and resolve complex matters that arise regarding policies, processes and practices.
- You will provide counsel and guidance to senior leadership to assist in resolution of escalated employee relations matters.
- You will identify critical metrics and SLAs to ensure investigations are handled consistently and timely.
- You will oversee and manage compliance programs and create a framework to track and audit compliance requirements.
- You will manage all People operations vendor management relationships to ensure alignment with vision and consistent service delivery.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years progressive experience leading a people operations function with experience designing and implementing an efficient and effective people operations function for a rapidly scaling organization.
- You have strong work experience across all People Operations functional areas including recruitment, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits.
- You are a systems thinker who connects the dots between business needs and efficient, tech-enabled solutions.
- You have significant depth in process improvement and optimization.
- You have exceptional problem solving skills and proven experience in executing a functional strategy to drive tangible results.
- You have demonstrated success in driving large cross-functional initiatives.
- You have a strong track record of building and growing high performing teams.
- You have working knowledge of US employment laws.
- An advanced degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field is a plus.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions.
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals.
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity.
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance.
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles.
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $142,000 to $170,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
all-in-one marketing platform for small business