Head of People
We are looking for our first Head of People to establish and build the People Operations at Convex - a YC and Emergence backed, Series A enterprise SaaS company.
Our product is premium software that merges two complex disciplines—rich, property-level data and highly customizable enterprise workflows—in simple and elegant ways.
Our People are the ones making this all happen. Our customers serve an under the radar, but massive and ubiquitous industry, commercial building services. They are responsible for the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the lighting, safety, and security that power daily life for millions of people.
Our people are our secret sauce. Our customer success motion goes beyond any that you have seen; our engineering, product, and design (EPD) team is developing a complex data and software platform that is unprecedented in the market. We are based in, and love, the seven square miles of San Francisco, but our customers live and work in almost every state in America. They include some of the largest enterprises in the country, like Siemens and Stanley Black & Decker, and smaller businesses we care just as deeply about.
This role is to both establish and build the People function at Convex. The People function to date has been owned by the Chief Commercial Officer. The right applicant is both experienced and excited to architect, build, and grow this central function to our success. You should be excited about owning the growth of the function, including hiring, managing, and leading the team over time.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and drive HR strategy, tackling projects and programs at all levels - strategic, operational, and tactical
- Create and drive a DE&I strategy that enables true inclusion and belonging for all employees
- Oversee and drive employee engagement (e.g., surveys, 360 review processes, training & development, etc.) and evolving and elevating these programs over time
- Further develop and manage the employee lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding, including PIP, exit interviews and turning feedback into actionable insights
- Lead all employee relations matters including partnering closely with legal or external counsel as needed
- Manage all employee policies
- Direct compensation and benefits programs for the company inc. 401K, leave policies, bonuses, etc in coordination with our Talent team
- Ensure HR is data driven by collecting, learning from and making decisions based on data and that our systems such as our HRIS is maintained as our source of truth
- Manage all compliance requirements and immigration cases such as H-1Bs, student visas, Green Cards, etc.
- Architect, build, and develop the People function at Convex
- Build and nurture a culture at Convex that cherishes the individual, respect, and personal growth mindset.
- 10+ years of experience in HR/recruiting, 3+ as a manager
- Proven track record of hiring and retaining exceptional talent
- Led DE&I efforts
- Designed and implemented systems to manage performance reviews
- Developed compensation strategies
- Led and managed recruiting and other HR efforts
- Built and led scalable talent management functions, including onboarding and employee development
Your application has been successfully submitted.
see more, sell more