Director of People Operations
Here at Classkick we deeply care about our people and are extremely intentional with setting them up for success. In this role, you will work with the VP of Operations to manage both the People and Operations functions, build out our people-centered culture, and ensure that all employees are happy and have endless opportunities to learn, grow and continue to impact Classkick.
What you'll do / Expectations
- Manage our existing operations team members and help create career paths and identify growth opportunities for them.
- Work with the VP of Operations to improve team member happiness through improving our on-boarding, career pathing, and retention efforts.
- Implement policies and processes that help reinforce and strengthen our existing culture.
- Own the talent acquisition branch of Classkick and work closely with our existing senior recruiter.
- Own the employee life cycle from their first interaction with our recruiter all the way through completion of their first year and beyond.
- Be a strategic partner to our DEI Committee, supporting its efforts and offering guidance as necessary.
- Hire for additional roles on the operations team as necessary.
- Within 9 months, complete strategic initiatives that drastically improve employee happiness and promotion time. This might include: A manager development program for support and leadership development to people managers; establish monthly employee development days on critical team competencies (e.g. feedback); formalize the DEI function, including in-common team-wide language.
- Within 3 months, launch a more robust onboarding process that includes consistent measures of success and accountability across all roles to ensure that all employees have onboarding plans and are successfully completing them.
- Within 3 months, systemize creating, documenting, and updating OKRs for all of your direct reports and help them successfully meet those goals every quarter.
- Within the first 60 days establish KPIs around employee happiness, retention and promotion status that collect consistent and reliable data on our employees.
What makes you a fit for the role
- You are detail-oriented and love working with people to unleash their potential
- You enjoy managing people and teams
- You have built out systems, policies and/or best practices that allow all team members to excel at their jobs
- You have experience building out metrics to measure things like employee happiness, retention levels, and promotion status.
- You are data centered and utilize feedback, surveys and other metrics to stay focused on how to improve.
- You experiment and aren't afraid to try new things.
- You are passionate about the employee life cycle from their first interaction with our recruiter all the way through completion of their first year and beyond.
- You have experience in a variety of Human Resources/People functions, including: organizational development, talent acquisition, performance management, benefits + compensation, and learning + development.
About Our Team
Classkick is a tech startup that loves helping teachers and students. We love it so much, that in non-pandemic periods, we work out of a school every week or two, and have our whole team visit schools to see Classkick in action monthly. We come home to a half day hackathon and build/fix the product that day! We also have a democratized product culture where any team member can use the product system to push through product changes.
Ed-tech is still a young and burgeoning ecosystem. We believe that by building a great product with a great business model, we will create a lasting impact on students’ learning, on teacher effectiveness and the industry at large. Our teacher and student focused culture helped us make the #1 learning activities platform in K-12 (measured by mean session time and/or NPS), with organic growth in 160+ countries.
Classkick’s culture can be described as collaborative, values-focused, self-driven and empowering. While this is a startup and everyone works very hard, we believe in a work-life balance. We are lean and poised to grow quickly. More at classkick.com, instagram.com/classkick or twitter.com/classkick.
Our roadmap includes exciting platform updates to serve the new post-pandemic world and expand to new markets - all informed of course by teacher and student requests. Catch some recent #featuresbyteachers here, here and here.
Some candidates may see the list below and feel discouraged because they don't match all the items. Please apply anyway: there's a good chance you also have important skills we haven't stated. We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. Our reach extends to students all over the country and the globe, and it’s vital our team is representative of those we serve. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, underrepresented people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Classkick’s Core Values
- Take Chances
- Create Diversity, Be Inclusive
- Address Real Peoples’ Real Problems
- Work Toward Justice
- Trust and Empower
- Keep It Simple
Why this opportunity matters
Every day, kids come to class feeling engaged, supported and excited to learn because of Classkick. Our goal is that every student in the world is happy and successful in their education.
To achieve this, we connect students and their school work to all the advocates in their learning: classmates, teachers, parents, anyone invested in them. When the right person is there at the right time - whether with a high five, or some help when stuck - that’s when you get more “Ah ha!” and “OH I got it!” moments. Learning transforms from a chore into a fun and intrinsic experience.
COVID19 has thrown into stark reality the need for holistic approaches that work seamlessly in the classroom and remotely. Education will never be the same again and the world has been calling out for more Classkick. Our traffic 8x-ed in a matter of weeks and it’s only the beginning. We suddenly expanded from being a major tool in the classroom, to becoming the classroom itself. Joining at this stage is pivotal and will have high impact on the future direction of the company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
helping teachers be awesome