Senior Manager - Talent Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
(Alternate Location: Remote, Ireland)
What You’ll Do:
You’ll be a critical partner to the Director, Workforce & Talent Strategy and will lead a growing team to build, connect, and transform performance management, feedback, talent & succession planning, promotions, internal mobility, and more. You will enable alignment, collaboration, and measurable improvements to multiple new and existing programs, processes, and systems.
In this role, you’ll be:
- Leading and coaching a team of Program Managers
- Managing the development and ongoing evolution of Twitter’s Talent Management programs, processes, and systems
- Promoting and building upon the Talent Management philosophies, narratives, and key objectives
- Delivering measurable improvements in the effectiveness and impact of internal mobility and talent management in a distributed workforce through building sustainable foundations, driving transparency/accessibility, and differentiating the employee experience at Twitter
- Researching external trends and market data to inform Twitter’s Talent Management strategy
- Collaborating across the People, Strategy & Operations, and business teams to assess needs and ensure global consistency and brand integrity as we deliver world-class programs
- Managing senior stakeholder relationships by building business cases backed by data and generating buy-in
- Partnering with Inclusion & Diversity to recognize & reduce bias and increase fairness & transparency in our programming
- Collaborating with Learning & Development to ensure that L&D offerings support the execution and adoption of Talent Management programs, and that Talent Management programs are used to inform the needs analyses and design for L&D programming.
- Leveling the playing field to ensure employees in all locations have equal access to career growth opportunities
- Developing the program timelines and milestones with support from the Talent Management Program Managers and the Talent Management Project Manager, in connection with all other People org programming
- Driving communication and change management strategies and draft internal and executive communications, in partnership with Employee Communications
- Facilitating alignment on projects, leveraging functional expertise, and driving timely execution of deliverables with multiple cross-functional teams
- Managing external vendor relationships to scope key deliverables, provide direction and feedback, and successfully leverage their expertise
- Partnering with People Systems and IT to build tools and systems to enable Talent Management in an integrated and streamlined way
- Providing real-time support to key stakeholders, including preparing and delivering trainings and resources, throughout key milestones and deliverables of the process
- Enabling HRBPs and Leaders to understand Twitter’s Organizational Design principles and processes to drive scalability and growth of our workforce
- Analyzing internal data and external benchmarks to draw insights regarding themes, gaps, and focus areas in partnership with People Analytics to provide recommendations for team and company growth and drive follow-up actions with HRBPs, Recruiting, and Leaders
- Supporting ad hoc programs and projects as needed
Who You Are:
We’re looking for an experienced leader focused on successful team leadership, program management, and change management for Talent Management launches, enhancements, and ongoing deployment.
You possess these skills:
- Ability to coach, motivate, and support a globally distributed team
- Ability to create and maintain a healthy work environment and team culture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment and versatility to manage multiple projects, priorities, and urgent issues successfully and simultaneously
- A self-starter, highly motivated, and able to shift directions quickly when priorities change
- Extremely detail-oriented and demonstrates an analytical approach to problem solving, understanding how things affect one another in an overall system
- Ability to spot red flags and escalate roadblocks or challenges to appropriate channels
- Ability to think through problems and come up with innovative solutions that best fit the needs of the business and deliver against very tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of HR Programs with a focus on talent management, performance management, and career development
- Strong understanding of change management best practices and implementation, with a client or customer focused mentality
- A deeply collaborative nature and team player approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across organizational levels and functions
- A global mindset, positive attitude, and passion for Twitter
If this sounds like you, you probably have experience with:
- Creating and driving talent management strategies and best practices
- Developing strategy documents and pitches for leadership
- Representing the voice of internal HR and cross-functional stakeholders
- Identifying trends, gaps, and opportunities based on data
- Leading project-based work and managing interdependencies between various programs and implementations
- Managing a distributed team of highly skilled Program Managers
- HR or Talent Development program/project management in a complex multi-functional and global environment
- Communicating directly with cross-functional partners, including effective conflict management, prioritizing and managing stakeholder requests
- Leading development and execution of communication plans, communication collateral, training and change adoption strategies
- Presenting to groups at all levels and the ability to answer questions with poise and confidence, while relating in an approachable manner
- Partnering with systems and business teams to understand technical and functional requirements and designing programs and processes within scope
- Developing, drafting, and managing complex workflows, planning and coordinating across multiple delivery teams and against aggressive timelines
- Assisting in retrospectives, feedback gathering and data analysis to drive proactive planning for future development
- BA/BS in related area of focus (Human Resources, Management, I/O Psychology, Organizational Development)
- Minimum 10-12 years related experience, preferably in Talent/HR Program Management, Learning/Organizational Development, or HR Generalist or Business Partnership
- Experience managing a team of 3+
- Experience with HR program design, instructional design and communications preferred
- Experience with Workday (preferred) or other 3rd party HRIS
Twitter is a global platform for self-expression and live conversation. As Twitter continues to serve as one of the most important communication tools in the world, the need for focusing on the Health of the platform increases.
We’re currently looking for a Sr. Manager to lead the Talent Management programs and team, as part of the Career Experience org. Our focus for Talent Management is to build and manage talent programs that are principled and intentional, driven by data and aligned with our growing and dynamic business. Our programs offer simple, straightforward solutions with an employee first mindset. And they are scalable across teams and borders, designed to flex and grow with Twitter.
The Career Experience org helps people grow their careers and increase their impact @Twitter (and beyond). We lead with empathy, question the status quo, and ensure opportunities are fair and accessible for all. How? By creating programs and resources that make it easy for anyone, anywhere to identify their strengths, address gaps, and understand how their work plays a role in building Twitter for the better.
Your application has been successfully submitted.