Talent Operations Specialist, Mergers & Acquisitions
(Alternate Location: Oakland, United States)
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for a Talent Operations Specialist to help provide support for several teams across Square, and primarily for mergers and acquisitions. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in an "all hands-on deck" environment, pivoting between different types of tasks and projects, working with several partners, and is passionate about finding new and better ways to support our Talent team and the larger organization.
- Coordinate the Talent team elements for mergers and acquisitions, including domestic and international deals, partnering with the project team and Corporate Development throughout the deal inc
- Support onboarding for full-time hires including offer letter management, onboarding data entry, and partnering with cross-functional teams for, but not limited to, mergers and acquisitions
- Provide a high-level of support to our Talent team by responding to questions, issues, and needs
- Identify trends through data, conduct analyses, and propose and implement systematic operational solutions across multiple Talent data-related matters and processes (i.e., process improvement)
- Conduct regular data and process audits to ensure data accuracy, data quality, and identify potential process improvements in data flow
- Ensure that all information and conversations are held with a high level of confidentiality
- Report to a Talent Operations Manager
- 4+ years of prior professional experience working on M&As in Recruiting
- Bachelor's Degree or experience equivalent
- Familiarity with Workday, SmartRecruiters, Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), and G-suite
- An understanding of the recruiting lifecycle and process
- Experience with high-volume, repeatable and detailed processes where accuracy is paramount
- Resiliency and a solution-oriented mindset under pressure and in areas of ambiguity
- Respect for maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- A passion for learning and natural curiosity for finding creative solutions and ways to tweak and improve processes
- Empathy for others and interest in understanding diverse perspectives
- Fun! You're someone teammates can approach easily and you know how to have fun and celebrate success.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
make commerce easy