Director, Talent Acquisition
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Role
The Director, Talent Acquisition is responsible for achieving the firm’s strategic hiring goals for consultant hiring, as determined in collaboration with the Chief Talent Officer, Consultant recruiting leaders, and Office and Practice Heads. This role assumes responsibility for all consultant recruiting efforts, excluding corporate and administrative staff. The role also assumes leadership of the Talent Acquisition team members, providing direction, on-the-job coaching, development, and performance feedback for all members of the Talent Acquisition team.
Successful candidates for this role will exemplify outstanding relationship building skills with staff at all levels, candidates, and university officials alike. Additionally, this individual should have a demonstrated history of both setting a talent acquisition strategy, as well as guiding a team to execute it. Our future contributor should also exhibit excellent judgment, problem solving skills, and executive presence.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful
- Detailed plans to implement initiatives of the year-round hiring strategy for consulting staff including, but not limited to: former employee pipeline, former offer pipeline, social media, school source, tailored messaging, competitive intelligence, referral incentives, differentiated assessment techniques, and network development of target markets
- Design and/or refinement of processes to deliver on the Talent Acquisition strategy across offices, offer and start date time horizons, and onboarding/integration for internship and full-time hires, as well as experienced hires
- Design of assessment approach, including but not limited to: interview process improvement (e.g., tailored case interview schedule), interviewer effectiveness metrics
- Design of candidate experience throughout the Talent Acquisition process, from initial outreach through cultivation
- Consistency of agreed-upon messaging in recruiting materials and presentations, working closely with Marketing team
- Firm-wide pipeline monitoring and maintenance with a 3-5-year window, with significant input into the firm’s annual capacity and resource planning process
- Quality control of all offer-related materials and tracking of candidates
- Integration and orientation of new staff to create a high quality of engagement from
- Talent Acquisition experience through initial weeks of employment with the firm, working closely with the Learning team members on content design and delivery for all consultant staff hires
- Effective management of the Talent Acquisition team through clear performance expectations, consistent on-the-job coaching, training on best practices in Talent Acquisition, regular feedback, and well-prepared and delivered performance reviews
- Technology support, including capture of all information to be tracked, coordination with core HR team, and helping to design, identify and implement technology solutions
- Track key metrics including targets, offers, accepts, quality of candidates, and average cost per candidate
- Implement related policies and rigorously monitor policy details and precedents
- Administer all Talent Acquisition related programs (e.g., referral incentives)
- Demonstrate a collaborative problem-solving approach with many constituents, including Heads of Recruiting, Channel Heads, Office Point Persons, Office Heads, Talent Team, Core HR Team, Managers, Facilities and Administration, et al
- Manage the budget process and proposals; lead the maintenance and innovation around spending levels
- Supervise the Summer Program and other early-recruitment programs
- What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional advanced degrees preferred
- 15+ years of experience, with at least 10 years in talent acquisition roles, in a professional services firm preferred
- 3+ years of leadership experience in talent acquisition for client service staff
- Significant experience in managing teams across geographies
- Experience in developing firm-level relationships with Deans and Career Services leaders at top academic institutions
- Familiarity with HR generalist knowledge related to talent acquisition and employment (e.g., interviewing practices, visa requirements, background checks, and performance review and compensation cycles)
- Working knowledge of MS Office required
Your application has been successfully submitted.