Head of People Operations and Talent
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Biobot’s mission is to build resilient and inclusive public health infrastructure by turning our sewers into early warning health observatories. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Biobot pioneered wastewater analysis (based on what is excreted in urine and stool) as a tool for tracking the progression of the virus through communities. We are now the leader in pathogen detection for community-level and building wastewater, as evidenced by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ recent award to sponsor COVID-19 monitoring by Biobot of over 300 hundred wastewater treatment plants representing over 100M people. Since the Company’s founding in 2017 from a Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) laboratory, we have been building capabilities to combat public health crises like the opioid epidemic, and plan to expand our early warning platform to serve as a resource management hub for disease, nutrition disparities, and more.
On the heels of our successful COVID-19 and Opioid monitoring product launches, we have quickly grown from our founding team of 2, to a multifaceted, interdisciplinary team of over 30 laboratory and data scientists, engineers, and public health experts. Now Biobot is looking for a seasoned human resources operator to join us as our Director of People Operations and Talent to build out a team to support and unlock the fullest potential of Biobot. The People Operations and Talent team will serve as a trusted partner and resource for all of Biobot, recruiting the world’s best talent, building nimble systems that accelerate growth, foster growth and development for all employees, and enable strategic initiatives to take flight, while promoting our values of doing what is right and excellent, in an increasingly remote friendly work environment.
In this role you will
- Be a champion for our culture of innovation, excellence, inclusion, and fun, in a remote friendly environment.
- Drive operational excellence at Biobot by identifying and addressing our present and future needs in areas such as talent recruitment, onboarding, retention, learning and development, benefits, compensation, compliance, immigration, and other people operations-related processes and systems across the company.
- Continuously measure success in the above areas and iterate as needed, so that we hone in on systems that make the most sense for our evolving team
- Build and execute a comprehensive people operations data and analytics strategy that allows us to work smarter and focus our efforts more precisely.
- Oversee the use of our Applicant Tracking (ATS) and Human Resources Information (HRIS) systems, advising and implementing best practices.
- Keenly follow changes in legislation, regulation, and occupational health and safety rules to ensure that Biobot is doing right by its team members.
- Manage, perform, and/or coordinate any audits, as needed.
- Build, manage, and mentor a growing team of talent and people operation enthusiasts, bringing out their best selves to tackle key strategic and operational needs.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 10+ years of HR-related experience, preferably with at least three years of managerial experience.
- You have led the creation of talent and people operations structures for high-growth startups as they evolved into more mature organizations and are eager to try your hand at the next one!
- You are highly adaptable to changing priorities and can adeptly pivot to meet emerging business needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Your curiosity for new approaches and outlooks allows you to tailor your industry knowledge to create bespoke offerings that match Biobot’s culture.
- You enjoy and have experience in developing, executing, and maintaining new talent and people operations projects and programs to meet company needs.
- You are familiar with project management best practices, and keen to use them to expand the success of your initiatives.
- You are great at diagnosing problems using your critical thinking skills and driving innovative solutions.
- You are a strong communicator and are able to convey complex topics simply, clearly, and effectively to a diverse audience.
- You are devoted to mentoring and growing team members in order to bring out their best selves.
- You have a strong passion and drive for Biobot’s mission.
Last and certainly not least
- At Biobot, we believe that the best technologists can improve society and we strive to build a workplace in which everyone can thrive. Our goal is to be a diverse team that is representative, at all job levels, of the society we live in. We encourage applications from women; non-binary, trans, and gender-non conforming individuals; Black and indigenous individuals, and people from other minority racial and ethnic groups; and other groups traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.
- To learn more about Biobot, check out some recent press: https://www.biobot.io/media.
Your application has been successfully submitted.