Chief People Officer / VP of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As the Chief People Officer, you will report directly to our Cofounder & CEO. You will serve on Quorum’s Executive Team in support of the overall mission and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of inclusion and diversity, employee well-being, continuous workforce improvement and planning, change management, performance management, training and development, total rewards, and policy development and compliance. As the Chief People Officer, making Quorum a top-notch, diverse workplace where team members flourish is your number one focus.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- First Week: You’ll meet with the leadership team and team members to understand and learn about the Quorum culture and values and begin to lay the track—the structure, expertise, and peace of mind—that enables Quorum to move forward and succeed.
- First Month: You’ll develop an observation deck to present to the Executive Team on your insights and observations of the key areas of focus and your general approach to addressing the outlined objectives of Inclusion, Diversity, Culture, Progressive Performance, Learning and Development, and Talent Acquisition. You will also begin to demonstrate value as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, specifically by acting as a model for setting high-level strategic direction and executing with precision with establishing relationships with the CEO/Founder, peers, leaders and team members as a trusted advisor throughout the organization.
- First Six Months: You’ll deliver on key milestones of the People Strategy Roadmap that begin to immediately impact the culture and performance of the employees and leadership team members. You will also drive efforts to enhance Quorum’s community, after a year of remote work when Quorum returns to the office. As we expect to open our brand-new office to our employees, we want to bring excitement and connectivity that has always been at the forefront of Quorum’s culture.
- First Year: You’ll successfully complete the top 5 objectives of the role which include:
- Increasing the tenure of high-performing team members by creating high-potential career pathways.
- Developing a series of action-orientated training programs to develop and grow the strength and capability of all leaders in the organization.
- Creating an exciting and new onboarding process to introduce new team members to Quorum’s culture, performance expectations, and company values.
- Executing on strategy and approach to talent acquisition that will ensure we exceed hiring goals.
- Grow Quorum’s efforts in Inclusion and Diversity by engaging policies and programs that promote I&D as a driving force behind our exceptional culture, engagement and company success.
You will also be able to measure the impact you have had on the business, culture, employees, leadership, and diversity as we have scaled.
- You are a visionary leader who feels confident merging both business goals and people strategies to design multi-year strategic plans.
- You want to make a meaningful impact on the growth strategy of a start-up and have experience serving as a member of an Executive Leadership Team (C-Suite/SVP Level) and/or Executive Management Team (VP Level)
- You have deep expertise in talent and people management, including cultivating learning environments that attract, develop, and retain top-notch diverse talent.
- You take pride in building an engaged team culture that emphasizes belonging, inclusion, and trust. We’d be particularly excited about you if you've previously developed or sponsored company-wide inclusion and diversity efforts.
- You are an agile problem solver with a record of success building and scaling People Operation team.
- You have a strong track record of building dynamic and engaging cultures. It is your passion, and you approach it in a unique way.
- You have designed equitable global total rewards systems and advocate for team members resource needs.
- And, of course, you love a good challenge
About the People Operations team
- We pay attention to detail and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to clients and team members alike (e.g., we run payroll on-time, every time)
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow.
- We have a wide-scope of responsibility, serving as the chief subject matter experts on all things human resources.
- We're a lean team and each one of us is excited to pitch in wherever.
- We assume positive intentions and employ our varied professional backgrounds to help one another grow (e.g., 1:1 coaching to transfer skills).
- We work in a fun environment where we form real friendships with other professionals. Quorum team members have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
Our Work Environment:
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least September 2021. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing to travel weekly or relocate to the Washington DC area in 2021.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.