Director, People Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kargo is the leader in mobile brand advertising. Bringing together creativity, technology and quality, Kargo empowers advertisers to break convention and build connections with consumers on the most important screen today – the phone. Through Kargo’s high-end editorial alliance of world-class publisher partners, as well as its proprietary advertising automation tools and award-winning creative studio, brands and agencies have the ability to reach 100% of smartphone users in the United States with memorable, measurable mobile ad experiences. Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements, including: Adweek Mobile Innovator (2017), Business Insider’s “Hottest Pre-IPO Ad-Tech Startups” list (2015 and 2016), the Crain’s New York Business Fast 50 list (2015 and 2016), the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 award (2016), the EY Entrepreneur of the Year NY award (2016), Great Place to Work (2017), Top 25 Workplaces in NYC (2017), and the Inc. 5000 list (2015, 2016 & 2017). Kargo employs 250 people in New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Auckland and Sydney.
Summary of Job’s Purpose:
The Director, People Operations & Culture will lead the strategy, design, and execution of Kargo’s key HR initiatives, as well as companywide culture, diversity and engagement. As Kargo scales its core digital advertising business, launches new business lines and expands internationally, there has never been a more exciting time to join Kargo. The Director, People Operations & Culture will play a key role in taking our company and our extraordinary employees to the next level.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer & Head of People, the Director, People Operations & Culture will work with their team to ideate, evolve, execute, and champion the company’s HR and culture programs to ensure that Kargo is attracting, motivating, and retaining exceptional talent. As a seasoned professional with a broad skillset, pragmatic approach and high EQ, the right candidate will bring experience and fresh perspective to the People Ops function and lead by example. This role manages the day-to-day operations of the People team with a focus on employee coaching and career development, performance management, compensation strategy, rewards & recognition, payroll, benefits, and the employee lifecycle from employee onboarding to offboarding. The Director will drive the shift to a hybrid model, leading a strong culture of highly engaged employees without missing a beat.
- Responsible for People Operations strategy and ideation; partners with CLO/Head of People and Executive Team to implement.
- Manages People Operations team, overseeing day to day operational processes.
- Acts as the Human Resources Business Partner to the Executive Team and senior leadership.
- Partners with senior leaders on employee development, management of performance issues, compensation and retention strategies; simultaneously works with and coaches the People Operations team that runs the People Operations business partner meetings for management to manage up and cascade employee decisions effectively.
- Serves as an escalation point for all complex employee relations situations.
- Works with the Head of People to design and champion the company’s performance management philosophy and practices.
- Works with the Head of People, HR Operations, and Kargo’s PEO to design and implement HR policies, practices and company philosophy, while also acting as a resource to managers to ensure fair and consistent application.
- Works with Finance and Executive leadership on managing people spend from headcount, employee backfills, and new hire offers. Assists Executive Team in developing recruitment strategy.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to ideate and implement.
- Serves as an active member of the company’s Compensation Committee.
- Provides direction to the People team to ensure the coordination and administration of all benefit programs including health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, supplemental benefit programs, leave administration, life insurance, FSA, and 401(k).
- Ensures that the People Operations team curates and champions an ongoing company culture through events, education, and communication by way of committee oversight.
- Partners with Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging Committee to promote, champion, and endorse the committee’s mission and purpose.
- Partners with Head of People and People Operations team to design and facilitate L&D programs aligned with training, performance management, and business priorities.
- Oversees US immigration and visa administration, working collaboratively with external counsel to advise on US immigration requirements and timelines.
- 6-8 years of HR experience
- 2-3 years of people management experience; 2-3 years of HR Business Partner experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and PHR/APHR certification strongly preferred
- HR experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup, tech, or digital company is a plus
- Experience with corporate integrations and international employees is a plus
- Experience working in various HRIS and Performance Management systems; experience migrating or onboarding HR systems is a plus
- Demonstrates passion and aptitude to learn the Kargo business
- Loves taking ownership of and improving operational processes
- Possesses natural ability to communicate effectively, listen actively and influence all levels of an organization from individual contributor to senior leadership
- Highly organized, able to multi-task between tactical and strategic
- Exercises ultimate discretion with confidential information
- Loves to have fun, has a sense of humor, and enjoys being part of a highly collaborative, highly supportive team
Kargo and Kargo leadership are regularly recognized for the company’s growth and achievements, including:
- Three MMA Smarties (2018)
- AdWeek Innovative Mobile Ad Player (2017)
- Best Places to Work in NYC (2017)
- Business Insider Hottest Pre-IPO Ad Tech Startups (2016),
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (2016)
- Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
Your application has been successfully submitted.