Senior Vice President of People and Culture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As an enterprise software company, Invoca serves companies at the intersection of customer experience, digital marketing, and conversation intelligence. We believe that “the human touch” plays a critical element in how brands interact with consumers, and our technology helps brands make the most of these moments of truth. With over 300 employees, more than 2,000 customers, and crossing $100M in ARR, there are tremendous opportunities to grow and scale the business. We are building a world-class SaaS company, having raised $116 million from Accel, Upfront Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Morgan Stanley, and H.I.G. Growth Partners.
Commitment to customers, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a positive environment are more than words written on a wall at Invoca -- it’s our way of life. We take pride in an inclusive and egoless culture that helps us drive innovation and build value for both our customers and our people. And of course, there’s the competitive pay, great perks, and getting to work on an industry-leading product.
We are proud to have been recognized as an Inc. Magazine “Best Workplace” four years in a row. You can read more about this recognition and how we’re helping all Invocans thrive during the crazy ups and downs of the past year.
If this sounds unlike most tech jobs you’ve had, you’re right. Come join us, we’re building something special.
We have an opportunity for an SVP of People & Culture to collaborate with our CEO and executives in building a world-class team at Invoca. We believe the best software companies are built on three key pillars -- technology, people, and brand. Given that employees develop our technology offerings and deliver the in-person experiences that pay off the brand promise, it really all comes down to people! This role is an opportunity to drive the future of People & Culture at Invoca in partnership with our executive team.
We will look to you for insight on the cultural elements of our business strategy, innovative ideas on driving employee engagement and productivity, advice on how to attract, onboard, and retain the best talent, and suggestions on how to develop leadership capacity at Invoca. We use Peakon to keep a finger on the pulse of employee morale and feedback, and will work with you to enhance our culture through our core Invoca value of continuous improvement. A core of our managers have developed their leadership skills at Invoca, so we’re looking to strengthen our development programs and cultivate more leadership capacity across the organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for the people operations, talent acquisition, total rewards, workforce planning, and learning and development functions. With our recent acquisition of DialogTech, bringing our teams together and driving productivity and collaboration is a key area of focus over the next 12 months. In addition, you will collaborate with fellow executives and our CEO in strengthening Invoca’s award-winning culture and our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives. You will ensure that Invoca follows relevant laws and regulations and guide our teams through any employee relations issues that may arise. Finally, you will do all this by striking the right balance between an agile, start-up environment (speed and flexibility) with the processes vital as companies grow and scale (process and rigor).
- Our 300+ employees are spread across hubs in Santa Barbara, Chicago, Denver, Cleveland, and San Francisco, with a healthy share working from remote locations as well. Even as we re-open offices later this year, we expect to leverage our strong remote hiring and operating practices Thus, permanent physical location in one of our office cities is not a requirement, but we do prefer that you have "one flight" access to our main hubs.
Required Skills / Expertise
- SPHR, GPHR or similar certification.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in People & Culture roles, with prior experience running people operations, talent acquisition, total rewards, compliance, employee experience, and leadership and development
- Experience in startup companies strongly preferred, ideally in software companies
- Demonstrated experience providing strategic counsel to all areas of the organization, developing roadmaps to help all departments scale and execute on all people and culture related initiatives
- Experience engaging at a board level
- Proven mix of strategic business perspective and “roll up your sleeves” execution
- High energy, skilled communicator who can articulate our people strategy initiatives across the company
- Experience with a “modern” People & Culture technology stack (e.g., Namely, Greenhouse, PeakOn, Lattice) to streamline operations
- Passion for, and experience in, driving company-wide DEI programs
- Data-driven orientation, in issues ranging from compensation benchmarks, performance management, and employee feedback
- High integrity, empathetic leader who can build trusted relationships with the P&C team, executive peers, and front-line employees
- Optional but preferred: experience with M&A-related integration
About Diversity and Inclusion
“Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone.” Gregg Johnson CEO
And to us, diversity and inclusion means even more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means proactively hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary, Benefits and Perks:
Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our offerings:
- Paid Time Off - Invoca is committed to work life balance. We have a generous PTO policy, starting at 20 days off, for all employees. We also offer 12 paid holidays and 5 days sick time so you can take care of yourself.
- Healthcare - Invocans enjoy a robust health care program including medical, dental and vision coverage, with plan choices so you can take care of yourself, partner and family as needed.
- Retirement - Invoca offers a 401(k) plan through Fidelity with a company match of up to 4%.
- Stock options - All employees are invited to ownership in Invoca through stock options.
- Employee Assistance Program - Invoca offers support and guidance through WorkLifeMatters to support our team mates in issues from personal matters to everyday topics that affect your life.
- Paid Family/Medical Leave - Invoca offers up to six weeks paid leave for childbirth, baby bonding, adoption and medical need.
- Sabbatical - We thank our long-term team members with an additional week of PTO along with a bonus after 7 years of service.
- Wellness Subsidy - Invoca is supportive of the whole person and provides a wellness subsidy that can be applied to gym or fitness classes.
- Position Base Range - $225,000.00 - $275,000.00- Starting pay will be commensurate with qualifications & experience. There is also a bonus and stock options available with this role.
Your application has been successfully submitted.