Senior Program Manager, People & Culture
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Senior Program Manager will work with the People Strategy Leadership Team and executive leadership to ensure the delivery of initiatives which are designed to realize the company’s people, culture and organization aspirations. They will consult with senior stakeholders on strategy development and implementation, and change management needs in their respective areas. They will coordinate the delivery of, and manage interdependencies across, multiple initiatives, paying attention to change readiness, leadership and organizational capacity and capability, and resourcing required for initiative delivery.
This role will be a critical enabler of the People Team’s efforts in ensuring our people process and employee experiences are being delivered through consistent and equitable application by our leaders.
Our current focus as a team is:
- Delivering on a culture reset, which involves a stronger commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; continues to enable high performance; and requires leadership and employee accountability
- The installation of core people processes, supporting data and systems needs
- Delivering and accelerating our People Roadmap, focusing on the future of (post-pandemic) work, leadership development and data-driven talent insights
- Enabling the People Department’s delivery of our products and services through our operating model transformation
What you'll do:
- Provide project management and facilitation of cross-functional team planning for assigned business-level projects and initiatives
- Drive the effective and scoping and design of projects/initiatives to ensure clear, achievable and impactful plans that can then be implemented with discipline and which materially solve problems or realize opportunities
- Facilitate planning, progress tracking, communication and reporting for company strategic initiatives
- Lead strategic initiatives involving one or more functions and teams to drive progress and success against company objectives
- Coordinate activities of supporting teams, track progress against established plans and make decisions to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet business objectives
- Perform risk analysis, develop contingency plans, and gather data from teams to proactively raise prioritization, scheduling tradeoff decisions and critical issues with key stakeholders
- Drive people, process, and technology improvement initiatives to optimize delivery of organizational projects
- Oversee and ensure all status reporting materials are compiled, aggregated and completed in a timely way and remain well-maintained
- Establish and monitor plans and ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years of experience in Project/Program Management, Operational leadership, or Strategic Consulting for a SaaS business
- You have a track record of organizing, planning and successfully managing both long-term and short-term initiatives in a fast moving, fast growing, and dynamic technology company
- You have demonstrated use of project management techniques and tools
- You have a demonstrated track record of organizational, problem solving, presentation, facilitation and follow-through skills
- Experience within People/Culture teams is a plus, but not required
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP) will be a plus
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.